Talakhovskaya TPP


Location: Kaliningrad Region, Sovetsk
Installed electric power: 159 MW
Heat production is not provided for
Main and backup fuel: natural gas
Emergency: diesel fuel
Start of operation: March 2, 2018
CTO – Senior Engineer: Ivan Nikolaevich Moroz.


Talakhovskaya TPP includes two gas turbine units. The power plant was built in record time – in 18 months. It is designed to ensure energy security of the Kaliningrad region and make its power grid more flexible. The main equipment at Talakhovskaya TPP are two gas turbines PG6111 (FA), Russian-built, manufactured by Russian Gas Turbines. The power plant was named after Konstantin Yakovlevich Talakha, a hero of the Soviet Union, who died on October 20, 1944 near Tilsit (now Sovetsk), when assault crossing the Neman river. The idea to name the power plant after him belongs to the students of one of the gymnasiums of Sovetsk.


Kaliningrad Region is the westernmost federal subject of the Russian Federation and a part of Northwestern Federal District. Kaliningrad has a population of 946 thousand people; of those 78% are urban population. The capital of Kaliningrad Region is Kaliningrad. Kaliningrad Region has extensive transportation infrastructure with ramified rail, road and waterway networks as well as Russia-Belarus-Poland gas pipeline. Its largest industries are shipbuilding, metallurgy, metalworking, wood production, papermaking, oil, and amber extraction.