- Power Plants
Kashirskaya SDPP named after G.M. Krzhizhanovsky is the oldest and the largest industrial enterprise in Kashira District of the Moscow Region. The power plant has been regularly upgrading its equipment and improving productivity since its original launch. At the same time the SDPP was put into operation in 1922, the nation’s first 110 kV overhead power transmission line connecting Kashira and Moscow was commissioned. It was the nation’s first 110 kV transmission line. Kashirskaya SDPP developed a new brown coal firing technology that secured its nationwide leadership by reliability and efficiency.
Kashirskaya SDPP performed a major upgrade and replaced its core equipment in the 60s. This upgrade included installation of a 10 MW gas turbine, pilot launch of SKR-100 power generation unit, and installation of three 300 MW coal dust power plants. Three 300 MW gas and fuel oil units were added to the power plant in the 70s, and 80MW heating unit 7 was installed in 1983. The third power generation unit was shut down for upgrades in 2005 and relaunched in 2009.
The social responsibility area of Kashirskaya SDPP includes Kashira-2 district with a population of 25 thousand. The power plant provides electricity, heating and hot water to these people. Kashirskaya SDPP contributes 25% of city’s annual tax revenues.