- Power Plants
Talakhovskaya TPP includes two gas turbine units. The power plant was built in record time – in 18 months. It is designed to ensure energy security of the Kaliningrad region and make its power grid more flexible. The main equipment at Talakhovskaya TPP are two gas turbines PG6111 (FA), Russian-built, manufactured by Russian Gas Turbines. The power plant was named after Konstantin Yakovlevich Talakha, a hero of the Soviet Union, who died on October 20, 1944 near Tilsit (now Sovetsk), when assault crossing the Neman river. The idea to name the power plant after him belongs to the students of one of the gymnasiums of Sovetsk.